Classes, Clubs & Events
- Kimberbell Love Notes Mystery Quilt
- Kimberbell Spark Event, October 17
- Holiday Table Topper with Linda & Arlene
- Adult Sewing Class
- Children's Sewing Class
- Kimberbell Club
- Pinwheel Table Topper Class with Linda & Arlene
- Serger Quilt, Part 1 & 2
- Private Sewing Lessons
- Quilter's Guild of Plano
- Sewing and Embroidery Club
- Serger Club
- Solaris Knowledge Classes with Rickey
- Solaris Project Classes with Arlene & Pat
- Destiny Project Classes with Arlene & Pat
Adult Sewing Class
No matter what level of sewing knowledge you have, this class is for you. Beginning students will learn how to use their machine, take their body measurements , lay out and cut fabric, read a pattern, understand the pattern directions, finish seams and learn sewing techniques .
Beginning students can choose from pajama pants/shorts, tote bag, apron, simple skirt or any simple sewing pattern.
You can purchase a pattern or use the tote bag pattern in class.
Please download the class policy and waiver of liability below:
In the first class we will go over how to use your machine, what supplies you will need and how to buy a pattern and fabric. The only supplies needed for the first class will be your sewing machine and the accessories that came with it including the manual, scissors and thread.
Students who have a basic knowledge of sewing can work on a project of their choosing. Such as putting in a zipper, garment fitting, constructing a detailed garment or advancing their skills.
Each session will be 5 weeks with each class being 2 1/2 hours, for a total of 12 and 1/2 hours. Cost is $125. You must sign up one week before the start of class. Payment is required online at the time of registration.
Session 2: June 4, 11, 18, 25 and July 2, 9 | 10:00 am - 12:30 pm Full
Session 2: June 4, 11, 18, 25 and July 2, 9 | 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Session 2: June 6, 13, 20, 27 and July 11, 18 | 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Session 3: August 6, 13, 20, 27 and September 3 | 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Session 3: August 6, 13, 20, 27 and September 3 | 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Session 4: September 24 and October 1, 8, 15, 22 | 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Session 4: September 24 and October 1, 8, 15 ,22 | 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Session 5: November 5, 12, 19 and December 3, 10 | 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Session 5: November 5, 12, 19 and December 3, 10 | 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Sewing machine and supplies that came with it (feet, bobbins, needles, operating manual, etc.)
- Sewing gauge
- Seam ripper
- Pattern (purchased or use tote bag pattern supplied in class),
- Notions needed to make item
- Polyester thread to match fabric
- scissors (dressmaker type only used for fabric)
- Straight pins (thin sharp or small quilting)
- Tape measure
- Tailors chalk or fabric marker
If you buy a sewing kit please purchase extra pins.
Please call the store at 972.527.7400 for additional information.