Children's Sewing Class
Beginning and intermediate students will learn how to use their machine, take measurements , lay out and cut fabric, read a pattern, understand the pattern directions, finish seams and learn sewing techniques. Students will advance at their own pace .
Beginning students can choose from pajama pants/shorts, tote bag, or a simple elastic waist skirt.
You can purchase a pattern or use the tote bag pattern in class.
Beginning Students The supply list will be sent out once you register, along with a video on how to choose a commercial sewing pattern. You can choose from pajama pants/shorts, tote bag, simple elastic waist skirt or any simple sewing pattern (no zippers or buttonholes). You can purchase a pattern or use the tote bag pattern available in class.
Each session will be 5 weeks with each class being 2 hours, for a total of 10 hours. Cost is $100. You must sign up one week before the start of class and payment made online when you register.
All classes will be on a Saturday from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
Children’s Class Policy
Please check your calendar before signing up for class and read the class policy carefully. Parents, please sign and bring permission slip to first class.
- Full payment due at time of registration.
- Due to the high number of last-minute cancellations, you must cancel at
least 7 days prior to class beginning, for a full refund.
- If you cancel 3-6 days prior to class, you will receive a 50% refund or can transfer to another class if available.
- No refunds or transfers will be given 72 hours prior to or after the start of
class, your fee is 100% forfeited.
Class will begin on time, please arrive a few minutes early to allow time to prepare for class. I do not offer make-ups or credit for missed classes. Should you have an emergency or are sick and need to miss a class, please contact me prior to class. I do require a minimum number of students for each class to move forward. If there are not enough students registered for a class and it is canceled, you will receive a full refund or credit for a future class.
Students should be at least 9 years old and be able to work independently with direction. Children are expected to behave with respect and responsibility towards themselves, others and their surroundings. If a student is causing a disturbance, is destructive, dangerous or disrespectful towards others or belongings/property of others, parents will be contacted immediately and the student will not be able to return to class and the class fee is 100% forfeited.
- Saturdays, January 9,16,23,30 & February 6: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Saturdays, March 27 & April 3,10,17,24: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Saturdays, May 8,15,29 & June 5,12: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Sewing machine and supplies that came with it (feet, bobbins, needles, operating manual, etc.)
- Sewing gauge
- Seam ripper
- Pattern (purchased or use tote bag pattern supplied in class),
- Notions needed to make item
- Polyester thread to match fabric
- scissors (dressmaker type only used for fabric)
- Straight pins (thin sharp or small quilting)
- Tape measure
- Tailors chalk or fabric marker
If you buy a sewing kit please purchase extra pins.
Please call the store at 972.527.7400 for registration or additional information.