Classes, Clubs & Events
- Kimberbell Love Notes Mystery Quilt
- Kimberbell Spark Event, October 17
- Holiday Table Topper with Linda & Arlene
- Adult Sewing Class
- Children's Sewing Class
- Kimberbell Club
- Pinwheel Table Topper Class with Linda & Arlene
- Serger Quilt, Part 1 & 2
- Private Sewing Lessons
- Quilter's Guild of Plano
- Sewing and Embroidery Club
- Serger Club
- Solaris Knowledge Classes with Rickey
- Solaris Project Classes with Arlene & Pat
- Destiny Project Classes with Arlene & Pat
Children's Sewing Class
Beginning and intermediate students will learn how to use their machine, take measurements , lay out and cut fabric, read a pattern, understand the pattern directions, finish seams and learn sewing techniques. Students will advance at their own pace .
Beginning students can choose from pajama pants/shorts, tote bag, or a simple elastic waist skirt.
You can purchase a pattern or use the tote bag pattern in class.
In the first class we will go over how to use your machine, what supplies you will need and how to buy a pattern and fabric. The only supplies needed for the first class will your sewing machine and the accessories that came with it including the manual, scissors and thread.
Students who have a basic knowledge of sewing can work on a project of their choosing and level.
Each session will be 5 weeks with each class being 2 hours, for a total of 10 hours. Cost is $100. You must sign up one week before the start of class and payment made online when you register.
All classes will be on a Saturday from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
- June 6,13,20,27 and July 11,18
- August 8, 15, 22, 29 and September 5
- September 26 and October 3,10,24,31
- November 7,14,21 and December 5,12
- Sewing machine and supplies that came with it (feet, bobbins, needles, operating manual, etc.)
- Sewing gauge
- Seam ripper
- Pattern (purchased or use tote bag pattern supplied in class),
- Notions needed to make item
- Polyester thread to match fabric
- scissors (dressmaker type only used for fabric)
- Straight pins (thin sharp or small quilting)
- Tape measure
- Tailors chalk or fabric marker
If you buy a sewing kit please purchase extra pins.
Please call the store at 972.527.7400 for registration or additional information.