Sew So Simply - L.evel 1 Sewing Class by Beverly Vance
Tuition: $140 - includes pattern: 4 week course (weekly classes of 2.5 hours each)
September 9, 2019: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
September 16, 2019: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
September 23, 2019: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
September 30, 2019: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Discover the fun and creativity of sewing while you build confidence in your skills through this first level of beginning sewing! In this four week course (weekly classes of 2 1/2 hours each), you will learn basic stitches and create samples for your own reference notebook as you complete an artist's or chef's apron.
This easy project will help you learn how to layout and cut fabric correctly, how to follow the pattern guidelines, how to attach a facing, how to sew curves neatly and attractively, how to shape and attach patch pockets, how to properly finish a hem – by hand and by machine, and much more. You are sure to feel a sense of pride and accomplishment when you see what you have created!!
You will receive a discount on purchases made at the Plano Sewing Center for sewing notions required for this class.
Course prerequisite: Completion of Sewing Machines 101 or equivalent knowledge.
Class Supply List
- Sewing machine, in good working order, plus the operating manual and any attachments, if you have them
- Thread - any color
- Scissors or shears
- Bobbins for your machine
- Notepad and pen or pencil for taking notes
- 3-ring binder
A complete supply list will be given at the first class after we discuss fabric and sewing notion requirements for the project.
classes | Clubs
- Destiny IQ Class, September 19, October 9
- Sit N Sew, October 17, December 5
- Hatched in Africa, September 21
- Kimberbell Spooky Soiree Event, September 28
- Kimberbell Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice, October 25
- Kimberbell Merry & Bright Event, November 22-23
- Kimberbell Tea Party Event, January 24 & 25
- Cutter Club
- Level 1 Sewing Class
- Level 2 Sewing Class
- Level 3 Sewing Class
- Perfect T-Shirt Class
- Private Sewing Lessons
- Quilter's Guild of Plano
- Sewing and Embroidery Club
- Sewing Machines 101 Class