Adult Sewing Class
Cost to Attend: $155
Dates: (shown below)
No matter what level of sewing knowledge you have, this Adult Sewing Class is for you. Beginning students will learn how to use their machine, take their body measurements , lay out and cut fabric, read a pattern, understand the pattern directions, finish seams and learn sewing techniques .
Beginning students can choose from pajama pants/shorts, tote bag, apron, simple skirt or any simple sewing pattern. You can purchase a pattern or use the tote bag pattern in class.
Beginning Students The supply list will be sent out once you register, along with a video on how to choose a commercial sewing pattern. You can choose from pajama pants/shorts, tote bag, simple elastic waist skirt or any simple sewing pattern (no zippers or buttonholes). You can purchase a pattern or use the tote bag pattern available in class.
Students who have a basic knowledge of sewing can work on a project of their choosing. Such as putting in a zipper, garment fitting, constructing a detailed garment or advancing their skills.
Each session will be 5 weeks with each class being 2 1/2 hours, for a total of 12 and 1/2 hours. Cost is $155. You must sign up one week before the start of class. Payment is required online at the time of registration.
- Sewing machine and supplies that came with it (feet, bobbins, needles, operating manual, etc.)
- Sewing gauge
- Seam ripper
- Pattern (purchased or use tote bag pattern supplied in class),
- Notions needed to make item
- Polyester thread to match fabric
- scissors (dressmaker type only used for fabric)
- Straight pins (thin sharp or small quilting)
- Tape measure
- Tailors chalk or fabric marker
- If you buy a sewing kit please purchase extra pins.
Select your class dates and times below and click to pay.