Adult Sewing Class
Cost to Attend: $175
Dates: (shown below)
No matter what level of sewing knowledge you have, this Adult Sewing Class is for you. Beginning students will learn how to use their machine, take their body measurements , lay out and cut fabric, read a pattern, understand the pattern directions, finish seams and learn sewing techniques .
Beginning students can choose from pajama pants/shorts, tote bag, apron, simple skirt or any simple sewing pattern. You can purchase a pattern or use the tote bag pattern in class.
Beginning Students – The supply list will be sent out once you register, along with a video on how to choose a commercial sewing pattern. You can choose from pajama pants/shorts, tote bag, simple elastic waist skirt or any simple sewing pattern (no zippers or buttonholes). You can purchase a pattern or use the tote bag pattern available in class.
Students who have a basic knowledge of sewing can work on a project of their choosing. Such as putting in a zipper, garment fitting, constructing a detailed garment or advancing their skills.
Each session will be 5 weeks with each class being 2 1/2 hours, for a total of 12 and 1/2 hours. Cost is $175.
Please check your calendar before signing up for class and read the class policy carefully.
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- Full payment due at time of registration
- Due to the high number of last-minute cancellations, you must cancel at least 7 days prior to class beginning, for a full refund.
- If you cancel 3-6 days prior to class, you will receive a 50% refund or can transfer to another class if available.
- No refunds or transfers will be given 72 hours prior to or after the start of class, your fee is 100% forfeited.
Class will begin on time, please arrive a few minutes early to allow time to prepare for class. I do not offer make-ups or credit for missed classes. Should you have an emergency or are sick and need to miss a class, please contact me prior to class. I do require a minimum number of students for each class to move forward. If there are not enough students registered for a class and it is canceled, you will receive a full refund or credit for a future class.
- Sewing machine and supplies that came with it (feet, bobbins, needles, operating manual, etc.)
- Sewing gauge
- Seam ripper
- Pattern (purchased or use tote bag pattern supplied in class),
- Notions needed to make item
- Polyester thread to match fabric
- scissors (dressmaker type only used for fabric)
- Straight pins (thin sharp or small quilting)
- Tape measure
- Tailors chalk or fabric marker
- If you buy a sewing kit please purchase extra pins.
Class information posted below:
The Following Adult Classes are Now Full:
Thursday 10-12:30 March 16, 23, 30, April 6, 13
Saturday 4:30-7:00 March 18, 25, April 1, 8, 15
Thursday 6-8:30 March 16, 23, 30, April 6, 13
Thursday 10-12:30 May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1
Thursday 6-8:30 May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1
- Saturday 4:30-7:00 May 6, 13, 20, 27, June 3
Classes below are available for registration.———————————
Adult Thursday Morning 10am to 12:30pm June 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27———————————
Adult Thursday Evening 6-8:30 June 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27———————————
Adult Saturday 4:30-7 July 1, 8,15, 22, 29